As of 2/5/2016, we have the current openings in our kitchen crew:
- Breakfast & Lunch Cook
Experience working in a FAST PACED & HIGH VOLUME restaurant kitchen is REQUIRED to apply for any positions in our kitchen – fast food experience does not count
Our Executive Chef, Cap’n Hook, runs a tight ship, and if you can follow instructions and recipes and handle a fast paced environment you’ll be a great addition to our kitchen crew. Experience is required, and McDonalds or other fast food places don’t count!
You must be prepared arrive every morning and be ready to WORK.
This is not a job where you will sitting down be surfing the net on your phone all day.
If there aren’t orders waiting to be made, there is always prep work, cleaning and other kitchen tasks waiting to be done.
Breakfast & Lunch Cook Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer.
- Work on several different orders simultaneously.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies first thing in the morning and throughout your shift as necessary.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, preparing sauces, etc.)
- Cook menu items according to our recipes and specifications.
- Answer to, report to and follow our Executive Chef’s instructions.
- Clean up stations and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Experience working in a fast-paced & high-volume kitchen environment.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, kitchen equipment, and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices. Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer.
Hours are from 6 till 3 pm every Monday – Friday.
Starting Pay is based on experience.
Interested in joining the Gaspar’s Grotto Kitchen Crew?
Fill our our Online Application to submit your application and Cap’n Hook will get in touch if he would like to schedule an interview with you.